Connecting and Setting up the DSX IP Keyset Options
DSX IP Keyset Setup
1. Connect and power-up the keyset.
Following the illustration below, plug the DSX IP Adapter power supply cord into the 48VDC
jack on the adapter.
Plug the DSX IP Adapter power supply into a convenient 115 VAC receptacle.
Plug one end of a CAT5 cable into the PHONE jack on the adapter.
Using a separate CAT5 cable, connect the LAN jack on the adapter to the
Plug the other end of the network cable into the LAN jack on the telephone.
plug the LAN jack on the adapter into your LAN. That will come later.
Wait about 20 seconds for the IP keyset to initialize and start up.
2. Enter the setup data into the DSX IP Keyset.
When the keyset display shows Connecting or SIP Server Not
Found, press HOLD CONF * #.
When you see the setup menu opening screen, enter the setup mode password (necdsx or 632379) + HOLD.
Dial 21 to access the SIP User options.
- Dial 1, enter the IP keyset user ID, and press OK.
- Dial 2, enter the IP keyset password, and press OK.
- This is the password you entered for the IP extension in 2106-02: Password [Stations: Config: Setup: VoIP: Password]
- In the password entry mode:
- 1 enters 1 and special
- 2-9 enters upper case letters and the digits
- 0 enters 0 or a space.
- * is used with the digits 2-9 to switch between
upper and lower case letters or to enable the numeric-only entry mode.
- # enters *, #, and other special characters.
- VOLUME keys scroll left and right.
- Del deletes the character to the left of the
- Dial 3, enter the IP keyset extension number, and press
- This is the same as the User ID entered above.
Press Exit to back up to the setup menu main screen.
Dial 21 and enter the IP address of the system to which the keyset
should connect + OK.
Press Exit twice + Save to save the data you just
entered into the keyset.
- The DSX IP Keyset with automatically reset.
- After about 30 seconds, the IP keyset will register with the DSX system and begin to