An Announcement Mailbox plays a prerecorded announcement to Automated Attendant callers without providing
dialing options. The Announcement Mailbox is typically set up to provide information to callers (such as
company directions) and then route back to the Automated Attendant. For example:
- The Automated Attendant instructs the caller to dial a digit (e.g., 1) for company directions.
- Record this in the Instruction Menu message for the active Call Routing Mailbox. See
Instruction Menu for
- Set the dialing options in the Dial Action Table associated with the active Call Routing
Mailbox. See Dial Action Table for more.
- The caller dials the digit and listens to the prerecorded Announcement Mailbox message for
- After playing the directions, the caller routes back to the Automated Attendant for additional
- See the Hang Up and Next Call Routing Mailbox options in
By default, there are 24 Announcement Mailboxes (Routing Mailboxes 9-32). However, you can assign any of
the 32 Routing Mailboxes as an Announcement Mailbox.